My Photo
Name:
Location: Viljandi, Estonia

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

The Very Interesting Male Physique

In our family, since the begining, it hasn't been unusual that I would take a bath with Marta. About 80 percent of the time she takes one with her mother, but on occasion, I'll go in the tub and give Epp a break.

Marta and I have a lot of fun in the tub -- we tickle each other, splash each other, and spit water at each other. But recently she has begun noticing that my body is not exactly like hers -- that is where she has an "inny" I have an "outty." I understand that this is a very interesting development in her concept of what makes me a "boy" and what makes her a "girl," but because she is so young she doesn't realize that I don't particularly feel like getting touched there by her in our tickling wars.

I try different methods -- one is to say, "No, that tickles TOO much" or "Ouch! That hurts!," but that doesn't work. Then I try to tickle her elsewhere,like under her arms, to distract her, but that just makes her want to go for my most ticklish part. Finally, I usually invite her to tickle something else, like my face. That seems to do the trick. Altogether, it's a pretty embarrasing situation and I am starting to wonder if we should find ourselves a bigger tub, or if her interest in my unusual body will evaporate with a few more uncomfortable pokes!

I guess most Dads have to go through this, yet not so publicly. But perhaps these kinds of anatomical lessons are a fact of life.

6 Comments:

Blogger CHIC-HANDSOME said...

good picture

9:08 AM  
Blogger Martasmimi said...

..... it might be time to give her a bath with tub toys & ducks instead of you.
Nature has a way of telling you things if you just listen ....
I am sure that there will be the
"you are way too old fashion"
comments, but I took showers & baths with my son's when they were
little "oh gross"
"Did you just say that" ?
listen for the clues......

12:17 PM  
Blogger Annu said...

martasmimil on õigus.
muide, mul on varsti 2aastane poeg, kes veel ei räägi. kui ma tema juuresolekul riietun, siis ta osutab minule ja siis endale ja on silmnähtavalt hämmeldunud. ma siis seletan, mis tal on ja et emmedel seda ei ole:)

5:30 AM  
Blogger Martasmimi said...

martasmimil on õigus.

I guess I should learn more Estonian so I can read the comments....

12:36 PM  
Blogger Annu said...

I said:- martasmimi is right:)

2:33 AM  
Blogger Pesukaru said...

aga koos Martaga vannis käies ujumispükste kandmine pole variant? seletada lapsele, miks ta järsku peab vannis olema partide ja muude mänguasjadega, on ehk keerulisem kui selgeks teha, miks sul ujumispüksid jalas on (võib ju ka mõne vabanduse välja mõelda).

6:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home