My Photo
Name:
Location: Viljandi, Estonia

Sunday, October 01, 2006

Funny Nicknames

This is an appropriate time as any to discuss some of the funny names I call Marta. Marta doesn't have any permament nicknames, but a few have lasted longer than others.

One of the first was "Bear Butt" - this is because she had pajamas with a bear's face stitched into the backside of the pajama pants. Don't they make the cutest things for children? I extended this to the whimsical "Baronness Bambina Von Bear Butt" - but that's about it. I've also played with bambina, Italian for baby, and menina, Portuguese for little girl.

Most days, though, it's whatever comes to mind. At the beach she can become sandy or sandy beaches. Many combinations of butt and other words also apply, such as boogerbutt, boogerbear, boogiebear, and Martabear.

There are also the adjectives, such as stinky and tubby. If her stomach is sticking out of her shirt, then that warrants being called tub-tub just one time, and maybe patting her stomach. "How's it going tub-tub?" There are also the feminine nicknames, such as little miss.

I am unsure of what else I call her, but I am sure she has other nicknames. What do you call your children?

2 Comments:

Blogger Eppppp said...

I will write my own post about my nicknames to Marta ;)

I think the most common are Marta-Karu (Marta-Bear) and Mardikas (Bug).

Remember, when we had Miisu in Tallinn, we called her "Miisu Shitty-Paws Petrone" or just "Shitty-Paws". When I saw her last summer at my grandparents, I called her "Shitty-Paws!" For a moment she looked and it seemed as though she remembered...

4:15 PM  
Blogger Martasmimi said...

She is also ...Pookie...
Pooka Bella.
Miss Pookie Bear...
Princess Stiny Feet..
I am sure there will be many more.

9:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home