My Photo
Name:
Location: Viljandi, Estonia

Friday, October 06, 2006

Musical Blood


When I started being in bands as a teenager, I made a unique discovery - lots of other musicians came from musical families. My friend Jimmy's Dad played banjo in an Irish folk band. Our drummer Pete's father had also been a drummer. Doug, the guitarist, was playing his father's guitar. And my dear friend Dave came from a house where guitars were everywhere - his father was a collector.

But music was really *there* in my household growing up. I mean, my parents liked music, but they didn't play anything. Neither did most of my relatives. I think our musical background came down to Mom playing glockenspiel in grade school. Which made my interest in music, as opposed to graphic arts - where we do have a lot of family members involved, sort of different. My grandma does play the piano. So maybe she had a big influence on me, because as bad as I was, I still managed to play around with that thing. She also supported my interest in music while I was growing up.

The reason I am telling you this is because Epp told me that Marta has been playing the instruments at daycare - the synthesizer and the microphone. She is apparently pretty musical. This makes me happy. It makes me feel like the gift of a love of sound has been passed on. Music is a very rewarding thing, if it can even be called a thing. I don't know where I'd be without it. Life would be so gray and boring. Music is like sunshine. The people that make it are like little suns. They reflect off each other.

Eh, whatever. I hope you got my point.

1 Comments:

Blogger Eppppp said...

She IS very much into music. The daycare teacher has said it several times.

3:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home